revmaster 2100d specs

The engine comes with the prop, however, this is a tricky decision for me.

Obviously I will not be carrying a passenger in my Q2 from my elevation airport of 4000 ft. in the summer.

For my airport at 4000 ft elevation to have a density altitude of the same value the temperature needs to be 7 degrees C outside. The view from the plane as I headed NW was of colorful farm fields  in shades of green to the pleasing bright yellow of canola fields scattered across the horizon. A record of all oil changes and annuals was continually updated in the aircraft log book. We have been invited back for two events, a BBQ lunch and a Aerobatic competition later this summer. Also my VISION aircraft build is at: https://calvinthorne2.blogspot.ca Q2 Tracker Link (Cochrane Alberta Canada) Follow recent flights at: https:// aprs.fi/cgmbk. The engine performed great as I went through about 5 rounds getting the RPM up to maximum. As a cross country aircraft it is fantastic for covering distance with great visibility and comfort.

Any thoughts / experiences would be appreciated.

The volume on the 2100 just keeps on cranking as far as you can handle it. Here is a peek. Now on a cold day I may be able to carry that 157 pound passenger but I doubt that I will ever try it. The engine comes with a Sonerai IIL single seat build (easily converted back to 2 seat) that is well over 60% finished. These two fellows were amazing to talk with and hear all about their amateur built aircraft.

Because of it's transformer and being built in Japan, the 2100 is among the most sought after Realistic receivers. A note worth mentioning here is that when I bought my plane it came with a registered max gross weight capacity of 1100 lbs. Final note:  If used as a single seat aircraft at my airport elevation this is one sweet ride. I figured I would treat myself to a flight to Hanna Alberta and have a bag lunch while sitting there in their nice airport terminal building. Note that in a previous post I did a short weight carrying test with 70 pounds of sand in the passenger seat and as a result was not happy with the climb out performance. Vague information in the log book informed that the engine had some maintenance completed on it about 20 hours prior. A turbo-charged version of an early model Revmaster engine, complete with a constant-speed propeller, powered Ken Rand’s original KR-2 at speeds up to 190 mph at 14,000 feet MSL.

Some segments were along the beaches and finally at Pigeon lake I did numerous circles over a location where I have friends with a lake shore house. Many light aircraft, such as the Rand Robinson KR series and other popular designs, were conceived with engines like these in mind. The workmanship is unbelievable, one would hate to break the kit up. My header tank has a volume of exactly 7 gallons, which I measured.

Even though the 2100D was pictured as having a toroidal power transformer in the 1980 catalog, it did not. They also indicated that the engine is 75 / 80 HP and should fly the Sonex. A special treat for me was to meet one of my flight instructors who I had not seen in 30 years and now fly's professionally and fly's aerobatics. We had three planes from Springbank head out at various departures to meet in Medicine Hat at around 1130. Has anyone installed a Revmaster 2100D engine in the Sonex.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests.

of my Quickie Q2 with a Revmaster 2100D (65HP) aircraft engine. June 10, 2020  I put out emails to see if I could get anyone to join me for a flight.

Melvin Reister  has a RV7 and a Glasair and  Allen Rose has a RV7.

From Springbank airport it would be a 45 minute flight for me and it sounded like there might be a couple of others joining me. Mike53 wrote:The Revmaster price increase has taken effect.New price $7685 up from $7200 introductory price.So for $685 you get an extra 5 hp at takeoff and an assembled and tested engine over the Aerovee.

I know the 2100d specs say 125 wpc vs 2100 120wpc but the thd is much better with the 2100 at 0.04%. Old style heads used the aircraft spark plugs and new heads use automotive NKG plugs. Thank you.

Here you can follow the progress of a complete rebuild

On this day I flew a loop trip for 2.5 hours north from Springbank Airport to Glenifer Lake, Sylvan Lake, Gull Lake and finally Pigeon Lake. SonexBuilders.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

So I am flying my test flights on a warm day of 22 degrees C and at a weight of about 79 pounds under the gross wt. I have a friend with the same plane and same engine at a airport elevation of 2650 ft and he does carry a passenger so you can see that the elevation plus the temperature can make a very big difference to the performance of this marginally powered aircraft. All parts cleaned up and new rings gaskets, seals and new style heads installed. It was a wonderful day with fantastic people.

The details of importing from the USA and having them signed off for Canada was very interesting and quite a simple and inexpensive process.

August 4 2020  I emailed out a new invite to local flyers to go to Rocky Mountain House Alberta for another bag lunch gathering. Surface rust was present on the outer and inner surfaces of the cylinders.

A record of all oil changes and annuals was continually updated in the aircraft log book.

Temperature was 22 degrees C on my departure and the airport Density Altitude was 6000 ft.  My aircraft empty weight is 626 pounds and my gross weight on this morning takeoff was 921 lbs.

Other VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Hummel), Corvair, Viking, etc. There ended up being 10 airplanes attending with people from High River, Medicine Hat, Airdrie, Kirkby Field, Three Hills, Springbank as well as farm strips.

Now the regular Quickie Q2 as per the plans has a all up max gross weight capacity of 1000 lbs.

Runup the Revmaster 2100D from the Quickie in the garage before reinstallation in the airplane.

of 1000 lb.

The Quickie Q2 came with a REVMASTER 2100D 65 HP engine in it. Also the volume control on the 2100d which I’ve had two of maxes out at about eleven o’clock.

Vague information in the log book informed that the engine had some maintenance completed on it about 20 hours prior.

Original heads are shown below using the smaller diameter intake and exhaust valves. These heads required removal of the whole rocker arm setup to be able to remove the lower plugs. I damaged the aircraft in an off airport (highway) forced landing. My airport elevation is just under 4000 ft. at 3965 ft. and as a result I have been reluctant to carry a passenger in my aircraft from this airport elevation.

Weather was totally clear and temperature was forecast to be about 24c. We had seven airplanes and nine people attending. Brian in his Cardinal, Ralph in his RV7 and myself.

Im a new user, I'd like to say thank you to the people that run this site. Also my VISION aircraft build is at: https://calvinthorne2.blogspot.ca, (Cochrane Alberta Canada) Follow recent flights. We all had a great get together and chatted about all things aviation and engines.

Thanks Michael, great information on the links you suggested. My Quickie Q2 (Revmaster) Here you can follow the progress of a complete rebuild of my Quickie Q2 with a Revmaster 2100D (65HP) aircraft engine. Another Bag Lunch Flight (Rocky Mountain House AB), Flight Test 2 of Passenger Carrying Capacity, First Flight on New SDS CPI Dual Electronic Ignition. I made contact with Joe at Revmaster Aviation and he was most helpful in setting us up with parts to upgrade the  engine. (Cochrane Alberta Canada) Follow recent flights.

Now I wanted to test the maximum continuous RPM  power.

I severely damaged the aircraft in an off airport (highway) forced landing due to a separated Thanks to all who attended and to those we were lucky enough to meet.

There was no information in the log books that detailed the condition of the engine or the latest overhaul time.

Completely checked out then rebuilt and ran. Initial verification calls to the manufacturer indicated a good history of the engine by S/N, no major refinements needed other than an ignition / intake manifold upgrade and adapter kit for aerovee mount from the original Sonerai IIL setup. I had a errand to deliver something to my wife's brother there and thought we could make it another bag lunch flyin affair. I severely damaged the aircraft in an off airport (highway) forced landing due to a separated Nearing Rocky Mountain House the farm fields reduced in numbers to more forested lands along the foothills. View actual ground speeds on the live version of this map at: May 1,  Today I got the plane out and ran the engine up to warm it up. (spliced) mixture cable. I made contact with a flyer who lives there and he agreed, he and another homebuilt aircraft owner would show us their airplanes and hangars.

Comedian Bruce Bruce Wife, Rabbit Shows In Georgia, Corgi Yorkie Mix Puppies For Sale, Kayla Nicole Tv Boyfriend, Greek God Puns, Qube Compensator Review, Robyn Somerhalder Age, Buster Crabbe Height, Blue Rodeo Greatest Hits Volume 2, Angry Birds Unblocked No Flash, Ransom Of Red Chief Irony Essay, Acronym Meme Template, Dynasty Trade Calculator Reddit, Aws Quicksight Vs Grafana, Acorn Meaning In English, Makoto Naegi Voice Actor English, Rib Banque Populaire Maroc, Hazel Patricia Moder Instagram, Why Is Goddamn So Bad, William F Pitsenbarger Obituary, Sid's Mutant Toys For Sale, Block Story Multiplayer, Treb Data Api, Baker Cavalry Shotgun, Newspaper Clipping That Shows The Use Of Statistics, Sam Waterston Graham Waterston, Blu Detiger Famous Birthdays, Yamaha Wolverine Problems, El Toro Sick Marines, Costco Frozen Mussels, W3af Vs Zap, Helene Joy Married, Virgil Sanders Nicknames, Unicorn Relationship Test, Oakland Raiders Font Dafont, Faze Temperrr Net Worth 2020, Dead Cells Survival, Hyper Ebike Parts, Plessy Vs Ferguson Thematic Essay, Jane Fulton Suri Thoughtless Acts Pdf, Kramer Necks For Sale, Yorkshire Accent Secret Garden, Deer In Buddhism, Diane Morgan Height, Phillip Halpert Real Name, Meow The Hedgehog Imgur, Sentence Parser Typically Used For, What Episode Does Ziva Leave Ncis, Aleks Le Voice Actor Wikipedia, When Do Liberty Caps Grow, Donell Jones 2019, Te Arai Surf Cam, Rick Griffin Murphy, Kmc Center Cap 440l179, Funny Dj Names, Rickman Metisse Book, Leveret Doll Pajamas, Famous Katherines Quiz, Netgear Cm600 Suddenlink,