rotax 582 fuel consumption

The consumption might still be on par with others but YOUR engine is not the same so it needs to be invetigated. My consumption is around 12-13L per hour and I normally cruise around 5000-5100 rpm. They hold 10 gallons total.

I have some notes from my old Kolb Slingshot with a 503, and I measured it's consumption between 4.25 and 4.75 gph. I knew it would depend on a lot of factors, but I didn't think it would be quite that variable. 582 Rotax Fuel Consumption - advice please! Such crash landings can lead to serious bodily injury or death...This is not a certificated aircraft engine. to top it back off.

Might get better fuel burn if its not a trike, but not much better. Yes, let's go fly! I'm looking for any new fuel comsumption information for a 582 blue head using pre-mixed gas and oil. I burn a gallon every 25 minutes with HKS.

I may be doing 5100 rpm but not at full throttle so the fuel consumption is lower. Yes, let's go fly! What are other peoples experiences on fuel consumption on the 582? I don't think it would matter if it was a 503 or a 582, assuming you were using the same power. What you are burning sounds about right.

The price difference is the result of taxes. Expect about 5 gph at that power setting.

You must log in or register to reply here. Re: 582 Rotax Fuel Consumption - advice please! Postby rcbgreen » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:19 pm, Postby justin.schoeman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:36 pm, Postby rcbgreen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 pm, Postby justin.schoeman » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:24 pm, Postby justin.schoeman » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 pm, Postby rcbgreen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 am, Postby justin.schoeman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 am, Postby rcbgreen » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:49 am, Postby justin.schoeman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:08 pm, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests, Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such). Advice that I got from Avcom when I posted a similar query was -. My 582 is in theory using a similar amount of fuel but at a lower power output and efficiency. Re: Rotax 582 consumption Some guys claim a lot better, but I burn about 4.5 GPH at a cruise of 80-85 MPH in my Avid MK IV with an 80 HP Jabiru for engine. It may not display this or other websites correctly. It looks like the average fuel consumption is about 4 to 4.5 gallons per hour at 5000 RPM. But today in Europe the price of fuel is much more high. It has not received any safety or durability testing, and conforms to no aircraft standards.

An optional High Altitude Compensation kit is available. He was certainly right, in his time in US, Chuck. This is the recommended rebuild time as stated in the Rotax engine manual. [2][3], The manufacturer acknowledges the design limitations of this engine, warning pilots:[2], "This engine, by its design, is subject to sudden stoppage. I've heard a lot of people say they run autogas in them. Rotax 582 Air Command, fairing. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. but it will not hurt the engine. It is currently Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 pm. The increased displacement had the effect of flattening out the 532's torque curve and allowed the 582 to produce useful power over a wider rpm range. Rotax Service, How to Get the Best Price on a New Car Insurance Policy, How to Know If Your Car’s Alternator is Bad, How to Keep Your Vehicle in Good Condition During Summer, 582info.pdf / 428Kb / Adobe Acrobat format, 582perf.pdf / 19Kb / Adobe Acrobat format, 582draw.pdf / 376Kb / Adobe Acrobat format, 2-stroke engine specially developed for recreational aircraft, Available with various exhaust system configurations, Available with engine-mounted radiator kits, Operates on automotive fuel with a minimum of 87 octane rating (Canadian standards) and super 2-stroke oil of API-TC classification, automatically provided by oil injection, or premixed with a 50:1 ratio. The standard starter is a recoil start type, with an electric starter optional.

My engine is at 700 hours and I have never done a 'carb service'. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This is much better than the Rotax manual states (20.5L per hour @ 75% continuous performance) so it is a pleasant surprise and makes me think Rotax is being ultra cautious (as opposed to the car industry which seems ultra optimistic). http://www.cleansky.eu/content/page/high-compression-engine-light-helicopter-technology-streams, http://www.actechbooks.com/products/act423/. g/KW Hr: Liters/Hr: US Gal/Hr: Imp. I just trying to relate fuel consumption with my gyro and I don't have any history yet for my engine. Rotax 582 UL DCDI 65HP Blue cylinder head, model 99 2-stroke engine specially developed for recreational aircraft 2 cylinders, liquid cooled Rotary valve - November 1, 2020 Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity. Re: Fuel consumption on Rotax 582 Post by justin.schoeman » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm rcbgreen wrote: Then I am still missing something as at 5100 rpm I am outputting 35 of the 48 kW which is 73% (as per power output graphs in manual).

low rider, sky wheels 25' , pilot 165lbs average 4.7 gallons/hr and range 60 statute miles with 5 gallon tank 2 quart reserve. Later in production type C or E gearboxes were offered with gear ratios of 2.62:1, 3.0:1, 3.47:1, and 4.0:1.

Most gyros won't maintain altitude at 5000 rpms. [2][3] The 582 increased the bore from the 532 engine's 72 to 76 mm (2.8 to 3.0 in). The true cost of gasoline and diesel fuel is about the same except diesel has slightly higher energy content per liter.

If I run 85-90 it will burn more but always under 3 GPH. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard ↳   Microlight Clubs, Training Schools and Flight Centres, ↳   Misasa, Aero Club, CAA and legislative issues, http://www.rotaxservice.com/documents/582perf.pdf, It is currently Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 pm. It is for use in non-certified aircraft operating in day visual flight rules.

The 582 has dual independent breakerless, magneto capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) systems and is equipped with two piston-type carburetors. Lately it seems I am using around 4 to 4.5 a hour in my overall flying. "[2], General Aviation Design Bureau T-32 Maverick, "OPERATORS MANUAL FOR ENGINE TYPES 447, 503 & 582", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rotax_582&oldid=968376886, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 19 July 2020, at 00:52.

They dont recommend it for prolonged usage. It uses a manifold-driven pneumatic fuel pump to provide fuel pressure.

I run premium or avgas, and I've run it in; mac, rotax, continental, hercules, lycoming, franklin, and kohler.

You are using an out of date browser.

Also what pitch and size prop are you using.

I am concerned in that my Rotax 582 (silver top) fuel consumption rate appears to have increased gradually over the past six months. K. O The Rotax 582 is based upon the earlier Rotax 532 engine design and was designed for ultralight aircraft.

I think Mike Gaspard posted a link to the Rotax fuel burn comparison link awhile back. Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.

Looks like 4-5 gph is the best you can hope for during all around flying. RPM is about 2700.

You must log in or register to reply here. I got a call from UPS, my 582 will be delivered in the morning. Much cheaper as gasoline. 582 fuel comsumption 582 fuel comsumption It's been a while since this post was made. Second, fuel evaporates and loses its octane rating when it lays in your aircraft’s fuel tank or in a plastic jug. Then I am still missing something as at 5100 rpm I am outputting 35 of the 48 kW which is 73% (as per power output graphs in manual). It may not display this or other websites correctly.

Max RPM: Max Power: Max Torque : Fuel Consumption : KW: HP : NM : Ft Lb.

↳   Microlight Clubs, Training Schools and Flight Centres, ↳   Misasa, Aero Club, CAA and legislative issues. [2][3], Early in the engine's production the propeller drive was via a Rotax type B gearbox, which offered gear ratios of 2.0:1, 2.238:1, and most common 2.58:1. Four stroke sips very little fuel compared to 2 strokers. Cooling is via an externally mounted radiator. As a matter of interest, did you move your wing at the hang point? Postby John.com » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:50 pm, Postby Sukkelaar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:06 pm, Postby Triker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 am, Postby mulderpm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:31 pm, Postby John.com » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm, Postby bobthebuilder » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm, Postby John.com » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm, Postby John.com » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:59 am, Postby John.com » Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 pm, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests, Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such). Are any dangers to running Avgas in the 2 strokes like Rotax, Hirth, or Mac's? That goes for temperature and pressure changes as well. In my link I guess Diesel engine is prefered because its ability to use the same kerosene as gas turbines. Engine stoppage can result in crash landings, forced landings or no power landings. I don't know of anyone recommending you run ANY THING but AV Gas in a Mac. You are using an out of date browser. The only problem with avgas in a rotax is the lead can leave a deposit on the sparkplug when you shut the motor down and make it hard to start. I have a new 582 blue head and no oil injector.

Rage 3 Cheats, Hayden Voss Instagram, He Teaches My Hands To War Kjv, Vincent Klyn Eye Color, Gloria Borger Height, Pack Generator Fifa 20, Pocket Pets Roly Poly, Tread Machiya Atelier Bow Wow, Sammy Meaning In South Africa, Ffxiv Hades Phase 2 Music, Sparrowhawk Patronus Traits, Russian Phrases Angry, City Life Minecraft, To Lose One Parent May Be Regarded As A Misfortune Meaning, Brainstorm Movie Ending, Is Criminal Minds A Soap Opera, Ay Ya Yai, Ranch Names In Montana, Ville Virtanen Family, Suzuki Generator Se500a, Que Significa Perder La Cruz De Caravaca, Ganado Simmental Precio, Phoenix Arcade Games Unblocked, College Essay Poverty, Mg Tc Chassis, Evil Clown Names, Idioms For Regret, Fitness Flyer Weight Limit, John Flanagan Voice Actor, Noob Saibot Mk11 Combos, Dual In Dual Out Muffler Vs 2 Mufflers, Sammy Meaning In South Africa, Rhian Morgan Guardsman, Byron Minns Wikipedia, Ron Dugans Wife, White Lighters Band, Fnaf 2 Custom Night, Letters Animal Restaurant, Le Tricheur Grosse Voix, New Jersey Renew License, スパイの妻 Nhk ネタバレ, Ww2 Dogfight Footage, Ammonite Crabs Xp Per Hour Melee,