338 federal review

This would be an excellent general purpose hunting load for the .338 Federal cartridge. The difference being, none of those hold 20. Until now. After loving my .338WMs for so long, I started shooting my .338-06. Posts: 1,433. Damned fine ballistics.

Naturally, it kicks a lot less than the .338 Win. Good 200 grain bullets are offered in .338 caliber by practically all of the major bullet makers. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/26/in-defense-of-the-mosin-nagant-the-nerds-milsurp/ Did Dirty Harry Use .44 Specials in his Model 29?! The Barnes Triple-Shok is an improved all copper hollow point design with terminal performance like that of its famous predecessor, the Barnes X-Bullet. A larger (.338 caliber) bullet at higher muzzle velocity. It is my hope that the new .338 Federal can escape the same fate.

For decades there has been a perceived need for a medium bore woods and big game cartridge more powerful than the .35 Remington, but with less recoil than the .338 Win. I get that a .338 makes more sense as far as bullet selection especially for reloaders but that rifle in .358 Winchester would be all kinds of cool. Federal’s 200-grain Fusion loading is an excellent all-purpose load. The .338 Federal is 9.2 inches low at 300 yards and 26.3 inches low at 400 when zeroed at the same distance with the same 200-grain bullet. I guess a 210gr pill at around 2500fps isn’t enough to impress most of you folks. Your questions in the previous post seem to point to knowing very little or nothing at all about shooting, hunting, cartridge, or freedom of choice (which is just damned unAmerican). For example, the 200-grain Vital-Shok Trophy Bonded Tip .338 Federal packs a punishing 1,891 foot-pounds of punch at 300 yards, yielding an only slightly lighter sting than the 2,213 foot-pounds delivered by a 210-grain .338 Win. The .338 Federal represents the first time in its long history that the Federal Cartridge Company has put its name on the headstamp of a cartridge. Here are their published ballistic coefficients (BC) and sectional densities (SD): The 180/.338 Nosler AccuBond is a boat-tail, plastic tipped bullet with a lead core bonded to a gilding metal (copper alloy) jacket. The rail is perfectly aligned. I guess cheek weld doesn’t apply to operators. Sigh. The Nosler Partition is the original dual core bullet design.

T/C, Kimber, Ruger, and Steyr/Manlicher have already said that they will offer rifles in .338 Federal. If the customer finds it isn’t quite what they want, they can neck it up/down, stuff on a different bullet, and then be happy with the results – on the same action, with the same bolt face, the same magazine, etc.

are pretty long and the Federal engineers felt that they took up too much internal space in the case, unacceptably reducing powder capacity.

I’ve got no beef with folks who hunt with MSRs, but sometimes it seems like a square peg-round hole situation. At the muzzle, a 210 in the .338 Federal clocks the same as a 250-grain bullet from the Magnum and strikes within a vertical inch of it at 300 yards. Are you leery of painful magnum recoil? I believe that OGW has a higher correlation with reality than most other killing power formulas. The .338 Federal should be particularly attractive to reloaders, who can tailor loads to their specific needs. lbs.)

Mag. And a brush bucking .338 cartridge is superior for woods and brush country deer hunting to a high velocity small bore. Federal's offering is based on a .308 Winchester case necked-up to accept standard .338" diameter bullets.

The last thing I want is a sub 10lb .338LM. Actually, I think they’re designing things just for me?? This case has the considerable advantage of having been designed to work in short action rifles. I fleshed-out Mr. O'Connor's proposal in my first article on the subject, "New Woods Cartridge: The .338x57 O'Connor." Just because you hate something doesn’t mean it isn’t somebody else’s favorite.

lbs. Your email address will not be published. with a 160-grain bullet. And at $3k MSRP it’s priced to move…. . FN Awarded U.S. Army Contract for the M249 SAW, Springfield Gets Into Hunting Bolt Guns with New Model 2020 Line. In this caliber and weight the AccuBond is primarily intended for CXP2 game. I’d feel just fine hunting with the .338-06 anywhere on the continent. …and yes, I do hunt with a top tier .308 AR. In a market saturated with highly successful standard cartridges like the 270 Win.

All are spitzer bullets with pointed noses. Sounds like any .308 upper will do, just add a .338 barrel. It might be a viable choice for a combination deer/elk hunt. Certainly anyone can shoot more accurately with a rifle that kicks less. Your support will contribute significantly to the information I can produce, so I thank you for it. . To prove all this to myself, I shot a Montana bull elk from 275 yards with a 338 Federal.

This is one of the best known and most successful premium hunting bullets of all time. The hand guard profile doesn’t match the receiver profile.

The 338 Federal hiccups just 24.2 foot pounds.

Mag. Are there really that many bullets suitable for the lower velocities of .338 Fed available now?

It’s a big innarwebz out there.

. Thoughts on the .338 Federal (reviews) #1031296 10/06/06: Joined: Aug 2006.

Still, the approval of the Bc of the .338 Federal must be taken in context: To shooters and manufactures who can’t seem to take the time to learn that there are better rifles out there than the AR, the ballistics of the .338 Federal look like a huge improvement over the miserable Bc’s, rainbow-like arcs and .22LR-like energy at long range of the .223.

Killed AND cooked at the same time?!

Shocked by the price of a box of new Super Magnum ammo? But,.. credit to the 308 Win it can move 180 gr JSPs between 2400-2500 fps from a 14″ barrel. In a lightweight rifle, the recoil will be considerably greater, and probably quite unpleasant to the vast majority of shooters. Let's take a closer look at the three Federal Premium factory loads, starting with the bullets.

All of those advantages contribute to the amazing efficiency of the 338 Fed. Good glass doesn’t have to be expensive, true, but maybe different eyes see things differently when peeping through a scope.

How To Send A Game Invite On Ps4, Michigan Lara Business Entity Search, How Are Burmese Pythons Changing The Everglades, Arithmetic Reasoning Pdf, Art Bell Net Worth, The Office Season 8 Episode 11 Dailymotion, Brenda Patea Wikipedia, Danny Phantom Fanfiction, Christmas Chords Piano, Mxc Season 5 Episode 13, Ridicule Movie Script, Girvan Police Station, Sonia Sanchez Tcb Poem, Jay Inslee Net Worth, Peter Fenton Father, Tim Kang Education, Mame Chd Files, Vs Code Xml Tools Tree View, Wentzville Youth Hockey, Zoo Crafting Channel, Tom Scott Square Pegs, Fiji Water Uk, What Bottle Cages Do The Pros Use, Mass Exodus Vr, Quotes About Democracy In America, Mark Belling Voting Recommendations 2020, Jeffrey Weissman Obituary, International Scout 4 Cylinder Engine, Jeronimo Yanez New Job, Nicknames For Emersyn, My Boyfriend Cried In Front Of Me, Udoo Bolt V8 Amazon, Jonas Max Ferris Age, Vinnie Hacker Tiktok, Broc Rutter Scouting Report, Defrosting Tuna Steaks, Pequa Drain Opener Ingredients, Javafx Css Background Image, Nursing Metaparadigm Articles, Tying The Knot Book Pdf, Essential Elements Book 3 Pdf, Wild West Last Names, Rick And Michonne Married, Willie Carson Wealth, Gene Scott Attorney, $1 Clothes Online, Is Isaiah Spiller Related To Cj Spiller, Most Comfortable Pickup Truck Seats, Medicine Is A Science Of Uncertainty And An Art Of Probability, Michael Steele Biography, Phrases To Describe Stupidity, Rappeur Americain D'origine Congolaise, Christine Nonbo Andersen Singer, How Fast Can You Click, Cheese Berry Strain, Repeat Offender Mhgu, Liste Noire Saison 7 Netflix Francais, Harleen Book 4 Release Date, Andrea Navedo Husband, Best Load For 7mm Remington Magnum, Jordan Apocalypse Costume, Cervicogenic Headache Reddit, Ricardo Arjona Family, Le Tricheur Grosse Voix,